Chocolate Cherry Bars
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 135 min
- Yield: 48 bars
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry fruit pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan or 13 x 9-inch pan with flour no-stick cooking spray. Combine all ingredients for bars in large bowl; stir until well blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. For 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan, bake 20 to 30 minutes; for 13 x 9-inch pan, bake 25 to 35 minutes.
- COMBINE sugar, milk and butter in small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate chips until smooth. Pour and spread over warm bars. Cool 1 1/4 hours or until completely cooled. Cut into bars.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- ADD 1/4 cup flour to dry cake mix. For either size pan, bake at 375°F for 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/48), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 110mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 12g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.