Chocolate Banana Pudding Cake
- Prep Time: 50 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (14 oz.) package Pillsbury® Banana Flavored Quick Bread & Muffin Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (3.4 oz.) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Chocolate Fudge Flavored Frosting
- 1/4 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE quick bread mix, milk, oil and eggs in large bowl; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 33 to 36 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 30 minutes. Remove from pan and place on wire rack. Cool 30 minutes or until completely cooled.
- BEAT pudding mix and 1 cup milk in large bowl with wire whisk until pudding thickens. Fold in whipped topping and bananas. Cut cake horizontally with long serrated knife into 2 layers. Place bottom cake layer on serving plate. Top with filling and remaining cake layer.
- MICROWAVE frosting in small microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH 15 to 30 seconds, stirring until smooth but not runny. Pour warm frosting over top of cake, spreading frosting to edges and allowing some to run down sides. Sprinkle chopped peanuts on warm frosting. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. Store in refrigerator.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- ADD 1/4 cup flour to dry quick bread mix. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 4mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 21g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.