Glazed Brownie Hearts
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 14 brownies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (19.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 6 ounces chocolate-flavored candy coating, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 6 ounces vanilla-flavored candy coating, cut into pieces
- Multicolored candy sprinkles (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line a 13 x 9-inch pan with foil, extending foil over edges; spray foil with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare brownies as directed on package, using oil, water and eggs. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- BAKE 33 to 35 minutes or until set. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool 45 minutes or until completely cooled. Cover with foil; freeze brownies 30 minutes.
- REMOVE foil cover. Remove brownies by lifting foil from pan; place on cutting board; discard foil. With 2 1/2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 14 brownie hearts.*
- MELT chocolate-flavored candy coating with 1 tablespoon oil in small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally until smooth; keep warm. Quickly dip edges of 7 brownies in chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place dipped brownies on sheet of waxed paper. Spoon melted chocolate over tops; smooth with knife.
- REPEAT with vanilla-flavored candy coating, remaining 1 tablespoon oil and remaining 7 brownies.** Drizzle small amount of contrasting candy coating randomly over each brownie. Sprinkle with candy sprinkles, if desired.
- TIP *Brownie scraps can be crumbled and served over ice cream or pudding.
- TIP **To completely cover brownies with vanilla-flavored candy coating, brownies may need to be dipped and frosted twice.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- SEE package for directions.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 brownie heart of 14), Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 120mg, Total Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 28g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.