Malted Milk Ball Brownies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 3 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (19.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed malted milk balls
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coarsely crushed malted milk balls
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of a 13x9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE brownie mix, oil, water, eggs and crushed malted milk balls in large bowl. Beat 50 strokes by hand. Spread in prepared pan. Bake 18 to 25 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool completely.
- MELT chocolate chips and butter in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat. Add milk and vanilla, blending well. Spread over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup malted milk balls. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes or until set. Cut into bars.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- SEE package for directions.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 empanada of 18), Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 70mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 11g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.