Heart ´N Rainbow Cake
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 package Pillsbury® Funfetti® Valentine's Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 (15.6 oz.) can Pillsbury® Funfetti® Valentine's Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- Miniature red, pink and white jelly beans, about 32*
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray one 8-inch square and one 8-inch round cake pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.** Prepare cake mix as directed on package, using water, oil and egg whites. Pour batter into prepared pans, making sure batter is of equal depth in both pans.
- BAKE 32 to 36 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; place on wire racks. Cool 45 minutes or until completely cooled.
- COVER a 14-inch square of heavy cardboard with foil. If necessary, trim cake layers to straighten sides and level tops. Cut round cake in half. Place square cake on foil at an angle with one corner of cake 1/2 to 1 inch from center of bottom edge of cardboard.
- SPREAD frosting on 2 sides of square cake. Place cut sides of round cake halves against frosted sides of square cake to form heart shape. Frost sides and top of cake, reserving candy bits.
- MARK frosting lightly with toothpick to indicate top arc of rainbow design. Place red jelly beans side by side using arc as a guide. Repeat using pink and white jelly beans, placing them directly beneath red row. Sprinkle candy bits from frosting under rainbow as "rain."
- TIP *If using regular size jelly beans, about 25 or 1/3 cup will be needed for each color.
- TIP **One 9-inch square and one 9-inch round cake pan can be substituted. Bake 25 to 35 minutes. Cut 15-inch heavy cardboard square.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- SEE package for directions.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 2g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 380mg, Total Carbohydrate 67g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 50g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.