Tropical Fruit Party Cake
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 100 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice, well drained, reserving juice
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted if desired
- 3 large red gumdrops (optional)
- 3 small yellow gumdrops (optional)
- 3 small green gumdrops (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch pan with baking spray. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper; lightly spray waxed paper.
- DRAIN pineapple well, reserving juice. Add water to reserved juice to measure 3/4 cup. Combine all cake ingredients in large bowl; beat at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- BAKE 32 to 38 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert cake onto wire rack; remove waxed paper. Cool 30 minutes or until completely cooled.
- PLACE cake carefully on large serving platter. Frost sides and top of cake. Sprinkle with coconut. Prepare gumdrop flowers as directed below. Arrange gumdrop flowers and leaves on top of cake.
- PLACE 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar in a small plastic bag. Shake one large red gumdrop in sugar. Lay bag flat on a work surface. Flatten the gumdrop with a rolling pin into a 2 1/2-inch circle, redistributing sugar over the gumdrop as needed.
- CURVE red flattened gumdrop into a cup shape. Pinch the gumdrop "cup" on the bottom to keep the shape. Flatten yellow and green gumdrops in sugar. Curl each yellow gumdrop and place in center of flower. Shape green gumdrops to form leaves and position next to flower. Click on "gumdrop flowers" for step-by-step directions.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- ADD 1/3 cup flour to dry cake mix. Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 470 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 2g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 410mg, Total Carbohydrate 71g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 32g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.