Make-Ahead Brownie Delight
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 47 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- Yield: 16 Servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (19.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup large chocolate chips or chunks
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup white baking chips, melted
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 9-inch springform pan with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare brownies as directed on package, using oil, water and eggs. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- BEAT cream in large bowl until stiff peaks form. Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar in separate large bowl; beat until smooth. Stir in melted vanilla chips. Fold in 1/3 whipped cream; fold in remaining whipped cream. Reserve 1 cup mixture for piped edge; spread remaining mixture over brownie. Using decorating bag fitted with star tip (1/4 to 3/8-inch opening), pipe decorative border around edge of brownie, making sure border doesn't touch side of pan. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours while preparing sauce.
- PROCESS thawed raspberries with syrup until smooth in food processor bowl with metal blade or in blender container. Strain to remove seeds. In small saucepan, combine 3 tablespoons sugar and cornstarch; stir in raspberry puree. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Cool to room temperature.
- About 1 hour before serving: ARRANGE fresh raspberries over filling. Refrigerate until serving time. With sharp knife, loosen dessert from sides of pan; remove sides of pan. Cut into wedges. Serve with raspberry sauce. Store in refrigerator.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- ADD 1/3 cup flour to dry brownie mix. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of recipe), Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 51g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 39g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.