Strawberry Brownie Mousse Torte
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 300 min
- Yield: 16 Servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (19.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon (1 1/2 packets) unflavored gelatin
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen whole strawberries, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Garnishes: Chocolate curls, strawberries and mint leaves (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of a 10-inch springform pan.
- PREPARE brownies as directed on package, using water, oil and eggs. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread in prepared pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Cool 1 1/2 hours or until completely cooled while making topping.
- PLACE 2 tablespoons water in medium saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over water. Let stand 1 minute to soften. Process strawberries in food processor bowl with metal blade or blender container until smooth. Add to softened gelatin; mix well. Cook over medium heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cover. Refrigerate 1 1/2 hours or until mixture is slightly thickened.
- COMBINE cream and powdered sugar in large bowl. Beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in strawberry mixture. Spoon over cooled brownie base. Refrigerate 2 hours or until set. Remove side of springform pan and garnish just before serving. Store in refrigerator.
High Altitude (Above 3500 ft.):
- ADD 1/4 cup flour to dry brownie mix. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/16 of recipe), Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 120mg, Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 30g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.