Lemon Coconut Peepers
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 24 cookies
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Lemon Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 24 pastel yellow petite mints
- 48 miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine cake mix, oil and eggs in large bowl; beat until well mixed. Place coconut in shallow bowl.
- SHAPE dough into one 1 1/2-inch ball and one 1/2-inch ball for each cookie. Roll each ball in coconut; place on ungreased cookie sheet with smaller ball touching larger ball. Place cookies 1 1/2 inches apart.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until coconut just begins to brown. Immediately press 1 yellow mint for beak and 2 chocolate chips for eyes into smaller part of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- ADD 2 tablespoons flour to dry cake mix. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 peeper), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 170mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 13g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.