- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 175 min
- Yield: 64 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar plus 1/3 cup, divided
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dates
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shelled pistachios
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- COMBINE 1 cup butter, 2 tablespoons sugar and cream cheese in large bowl; beat until light and fluffy.
- ADD flour to butter mixture; blend well. Shape dough into ball; divide into 4 pieces. Shape each piece into ball; flatten into 1/2-inch-thick disk. Wrap each in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour for easier handling.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Spray 2 cookie sheets with no-stick cooking spray. Combine dates, pistachios, 1/3 cup sugar, cinnamon and 1/4 cup butter in small bowl; blend well.
- ROLL out 1 disk of dough at a time on floured surface with floured rolling pin to 1/8-inch thickness, forming 12-inch round. (Keep remaining disks of dough refrigerated.) Sprinkle 1/4 of date-nut mixture onto round; press into dough slightly. Cut round into 16 wedges. Roll up each wedge from curved edge to point. Place on prepared cookie sheets.
- BAKE 13 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets; place on wire racks. Cool 30 minutes or until completely cooled. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
High altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- No change.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 35mg, Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.