Turtle Brownie Cookies
- Prep Time: 50 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 5 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 (19.25 oz.) package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups pecan halves, split lengthwise
- 22 vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheets with no-stick cooking spray. Combine flour, brownie mix, water, oil and egg in large bowl; blend well. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Arrange 5 pecan pieces under each to resemble head and legs of turtle.
- BAKE 8 to 12 minutes or until top of cookies appear almost set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Cool 2 minutes or until completely cooled.
- COMBINE caramels and 1 tablespoon water in small saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth, adding enough additional water for desired drizzling consistency. Stir in powdered sugar until smooth. Spoon over cookies. Let stand until frosting is set. Store cookies between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered container.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- INCREASE flour to 3/4 cup. Bake at 375°F for 9 to 13 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/60), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 4mg, Sodium 40mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.