Banana Split Bread
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 1 loaf
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, well drained, reserving juice
- 1 (14 oz.) package Pillsbury® Banana Flavored Quick Bread & Muffin Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Spray bottom only of an 8 x 4 or 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with flour no-stick spray. Add water to reserved pineapple juice to make 3/4 cup.
- COMBINE bread mix, eggs, oil, pineapple, cherries, chocolate chips, pecans and reserved pineapple juice in large bowl. Stir 50 to 75 strokes with spoon until moistened. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- BAKE 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely.
- PLACE frosting in quart-size resealable freezer bag. Close. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 6 to 8 seconds or just until soft. Cut a very small opening in one of the corners. Squeeze bag to drizzle frosting over cooled bread.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- ADD 1 tablespoon flour to dry mix. Bake at 375°F for 40 to 50 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of loaf), Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 210mg, Total Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 25g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.