Frosted Cashew Brownies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 24 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (19.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cashews
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions using oil, water and eggs. Stir in chopped cashews. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- BAKE 28 to 31 minutes or until center is set. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- For frosting: MELT butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in cocoa. Heat until bubbly, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla. Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired spreading consistency. Spread topping over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with finely chopped cashews.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/36 1 brownie), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 115mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.