Mississippi Mud Brownies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 110 min
- Yield: 24 brownies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (19.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (13 oz.) jar marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Combine brownie mix, oil, water, eggs and almond extract in large bowl; beat 50 strokes with spoon. Stir in 1 cup pecans.
- SPREAD batter in prepared pan. Bake 28 to 31 minutes or until set in center. Cool 5 minutes on wire rack.
- SPOON marshmallow creme evenly over hot brownie. Let stand 5 minutes to soften. Carefully spread over brownie layer.
- MICROWAVE butter in medium microwave-safe bowl 45 to 60 seconds or until melted. Add cocoa, milk and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Gradually beat in powdered sugar, beating until smooth. Drizzle by tablespoonfuls evenly over marshmallow layer. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans. Chill before cutting into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 24 brownies), Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 120mg, Total Carbohydrate 43g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 34g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.