Macaroon Sugar Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Hungry Jack® Instant Mashed Potato Flakes
- OR 1 (3.75 oz.) package Hungry Jack® Easy Mash'd® Premium Homestyle Instant Mashed Potato Flakes
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Additional sugar for topping
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- BEAT sugar, brown sugar, shortening, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl until smooth. Add flour, potato flakes, baking soda and salt. Mix until thoroughly combined. Stir in coconut and nuts. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten each with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- BAKE 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet. Place on wire rack to cool.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/48 1 cookie), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 75mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 10g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.