Mincemeat Icebox Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 270 min
- Yield: 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup Crosse & Blackwell® Mincemeat Filling & Topping
- OR 1 cup Crosse & Blackwell® Rum & Brandy Mincemeat Filling & Topping
- 1 (4 oz.) jar maraschino cherries, drained, rinsed and chopped
- 3 1/3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- BEAT butter in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add both sugars, beating well. Add egg and almond extract, beating well. Add mincemeat and cherries; blend well.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; add to liquid mixture, beating well. Stir in pecans. Cover and chill dough 2 hours.
- SHAPE dough into two 6 to 8-inch logs. Wrap logs in wax paper and freeze until firm (about 2 hours).
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Slice frozen dough into 1/4-inch slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- TIP Crumble these delicious cookies and press on the bottom of a springform pan for a quick and easy pie or cheesecake crust.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.