Mexican Chocolate Ganache Brownies
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 44 min
- Ready Time: 55 min
- Yield: 9 large or 16 small brownies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (19.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Position a rack in the lower third of oven. Spray bottom only of an 8-inch square baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- MIX brownie mix, eggs, oil, water, cinnamon, almond extract and cayenne pepper, if desired, in medium bowl with a wooden spoon until well blended. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- BAKE 40 to 44 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean or almost clean (do not overbake). Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- COMBINE chocolate chips and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on LOW 50 seconds; stir. Microwave in additional 10 to 15 second intervals on LOW, stirring after each one, until chocolate is melted. Stir in butter. Spread over cooled brownies.
- REFRIGERATE brownies until topping is set, about 2 hours or as long as overnight.
- CUT brownies into squares. Store in refrigerator.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 brownie of 9), Calories 530 (Calories from Fat 260), Total Fat 30g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 210mg, Total Carbohydrate 63g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 44g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.