- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 40 min
- Yield: 12 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- OR Crisco® Puritan® Canola Oil with Omega-3 DHA
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Seedless Strawberry Jam
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat 12 muffin cups lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in medium bowl. Beat egg with buttermilk in small bowl. Stir in oil and jam. Stir liquid and strawberries into dry ingredients just until blended. Divide mixture between prepared muffin cups.
- BAKE 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Serve warm.
- TIP These muffins are best if baked just before serving. If made in advance, wrap in foil; heat 10 minutes at 300°F.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 muffin of 12), Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 125mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 11g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.