Reduced Sugar Snickerdoodles
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 5 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Sugar Free Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cake mix and shortening in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until coarse crumbs form. Add water, egg, cream of tartar and baking soda, mixing until a smooth dough forms. Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls.
- COMBINE cinnamon and sugar, if desired, on a small plate. Roll dough balls in spice mixture. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 45 (Calories from Fat 15), Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 85mg, Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 2g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.