Butter Pecan Crisps
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 3 1/2 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Sugar Free Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cake mix and shortening in a medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until coarse crumbs form. Add water, egg and 2/3 cup pecans, mixing on low until dough forms.
- SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Coat bottom of glass with no-stick cooking spray. Flatten dough to 2-inches in diameter, coating glass as needed.
- COMBINE finely chopped pecans and sugar, if desired. Brush tops of cookies with beaten egg white. Sprinkle lightly with pecan mixture.
- BAKE 7 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.