Spiced Apple Drop Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 13 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 3 1/2 dozen
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Sugar Free Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- 1/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup peeled and shredded Granny Smith apple (about 1 large)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Sugar Free Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cake mix, shortening, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until coarse crumbs form. Add apple, egg and water, mixing on low speed until dough forms. Stir in walnuts. Drop by level tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are light golden and cookies are set. Cool 1 minute. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- PLACE frosting and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Knead to combine. Seal. Microwave 5 seconds on HIGH. Knead to blend. Cut very small corner off bag. Drizzle frosting over cookies. Let stand 15 minutes or until frosting is set.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 95mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 4g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.