Joanna Crumley Hubbard, OR Bake-Off® Contest 42, 2006
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 170 min
- Yield: 24 Servings
- 1 (19.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18 oz.) roll Pillsbury® refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- HEAT oven to 350°F (325°F for dark pan). Spray a 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray. Make brownie mix as directed on box using oil, water and eggs. Spread batter evenly in pan. Bake 25 minutes while making praline mixture.
- HEAT butter, milk, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pecans and vanilla in 2-quart saucepan to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; set aside until brownies are baked.
- REMOVE partially baked brownies from oven. Immediately pour praline mixture evenly over brownies. Cut cookie dough crosswise into 4 equal pieces; cut each piece into 4 slices. Carefully place slices in 3 rows of 5 slices each, using last slice to fill in spaces. (Spaces between cookie dough pieces will spread during baking to cover top.)
- BAKE an additional 23 to 28 minutes or until cookie topping is deep golden brown. If serving as bars, cool 2 hours; cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. If serving with ice cream as dessert, cool 20 to 30 minutes; cut into 4 rows by 3 rows.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft):
- SEE directions on package for 13 x 9-inch pan. Increase final bake time to 26 to 31 minutes.
- Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2006 2006 © and ®/™ of General Mills
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 brownie of 24), Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 140mg, Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 30g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.