Self-Rising Buttermilk Biscuits
- Prep Time: 8 min
- Cook Time: 14 min
- Ready Time: 22 min
- Yield: 10
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® Self Rising Flour
- 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Place flour in medium bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stirring with fork, add enough buttermilk until mixture leaves sides of bowl and forms a soft, moist dough (add additional tablespoon buttermilk, if needed).
- KNEAD dough lightly on lightly floured work surface until smooth and no longer sticky. Roll or press dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2 1/2-inch round cutter, dipping into flour between cuts. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, with sides barely touching.
- BAKE 8 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 biscuit of 10), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 330mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.