Whole Wheat Walnut Crumb Cake
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 teaspoons milk
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat two 8 or 9-inch round cake pans with baking spray. Mix all streusel ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- COMBINE all cake ingredients in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at low speed until just moistened. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Spread 3/4 cup batter in each prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup streusel mixture evenly over batter in each pan. Carefully spread remaining batter over streusel in each pan. Sprinkle with remaining streusel mixture.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients in small bowl to make thick glaze. Drizzle over cakes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 210mg, Total Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 26g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.