Lemon Apricot Bars
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 24 bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Lemon Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- 1 (12 oz.) jar Smucker's® Apricot Preserves
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 8 x 8-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Reserve 1 cup cake mix for topping.
- STIR remaining cake mix, 1 egg and shortening in medium bowl with a fork until evenly moistened. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Spread preserves evenly over crust.
- For Buttermilk Topping: BEAT eggs, buttermilk, shortening and vanilla in large bowl on medium speed of electric mixer until blended. Gradually add reserved cake mix, beating until smooth. Pour over preserves.
- BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until edges are golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.