Lemon-Poppy Seed Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 6 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- CREAM sugar and shortening in large bowl of electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, corn syrup, poppy seeds, lemon peel, lemon extract and vanilla. Beat until well blended and fluffy.
- COMBINE flour, ginger, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture, beating at low speed until well blended. Divide into 4 equal parts. Shape each into a disk. Wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- ROLL one disk at a time on a floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with floured scalloped round or heart-shaped cookie cutters. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE for 4 to 6 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 25), Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 30mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 4g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.