Almond Toffee Bars
Almonds and toffee are mixed together into a delicious crunchy combination, making this rich cookie bar fun to eat. These bars add a nice variety of flavor to your cookie jar collection.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 55 min
- Yield: 2 to 3 dozen bars
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 (1 3/16 oz.) milk chocolate-covered English toffee candy bars, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- HEAT oven to 350ºF (325ºF for glass dish). Combine flour and sugar in medium bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly into bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- BAKE 15 minutes.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, egg and almond extract in large bowl; mix well. Stir in toffee pieces and almonds. Spread mixture evenly over partially baked crust.
- BAKE an additional 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 24), Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 100mg, Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 17g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.