Coffee Toffee Bars
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 3 dozen bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup quick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 teaspoons Folgers Classic Roast® Instant Coffee Crystals
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE 1/2 cup melted butter, oats, brown sugar, flour, nuts and baking soda in large bowl. Press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- BAKE 10 to 15 minutes or until surface is bubbly. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan, over medium heat. Add sweetened condensed milk, coffee and vanilla. Cook and stir until mixture thickens, about 15 minutes. Pour over crust.
- BAKE an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Let stand 1 minute. Spread chocolate while warm. Cool thoroughly. Refrigerate 30 minutes if chocolate is still soft. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar, 1/36 of recipe), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 15g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.