Strawberry Tunnel Cream Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Ready Time: 200 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 package Pillsbury® Angel Food Premium Cake Mix, prepared according to package directions
- OR 1 (10-inch) prepared angel food cake
- 1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup (7 oz.) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 to 2 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 6 to 8 strawberries, for garnish (optional)
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- INVERT cake onto serving plate. Cut 3/4-inch slice crosswise from top of cake. Remove top. With sharp knife, cut around cake 3/4-inch from center hole and 3/4-inch from outer edge, leaving cake walls 3/4-inch thick. Remove cake from center, leaving 3/4-inch base on bottom of cake. Tear cake removed from center into bite-size pieces.
- BEAT cream cheese in a large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually add sweetened condensed milk; beat until smooth. Stir in lemon juice, almond extract and food coloring, if desired; mix well. Stir in reserved torn cake pieces and chopped strawberries. Fold in 1/2 cup whipped topping. Fill cavity of cake with cream cheese mixture. Replace top slice of cake.
- FROST with remaining whipped topping. Chill 3 hours or until set. Garnish cake with strawberries and mint.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 260mg, Total Carbohydrate 53g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 35g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 10%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.