Potato and Parmesan Crusted Halibut
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 0 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (6 to 8 oz.) pieces halibut
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Hungry Jack® Instant Mashed Potato Flakes
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- Lemon wedges
- SEASON both sides of fish with salt and pepper; set aside.
- COMBINE potato flakes, flour, cheese, salt and pepper in shallow dish. Pour milk into separate shallow dish. Dip each piece of fish in milk, then press and roll in potato flake mixture to generously coat fish. Repeat with remaining fish.
- HEAT shortening in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish; cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 filet), Calories 370 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 770mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g), Protein 40g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 20%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.