Banana Fruit Bread
This classic tea bread delights with flavors of bananas, spices, mince and nuts.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 70 min
- Ready Time: 85 min
- Yield: one (9x5-inch) loaf
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 or 3 bananas)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (9-ounce) package None Such® Classic Original Condensed Mincemeat, crumbled
- PLACE rack in lower half of oven; heat oven to 350°F. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- BEAT granulated sugar and shortening until fluffy in large bowl. Add eggs, bananas and sour cream; mix well. Stir in flour mixture and mincemeat. Turn into greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes to out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of loaf), Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 230mg, Total Carbohydrate 49g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 30g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.