Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 48 cookies
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, stirred
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups Smucker's® Strawberry Jelly
- OR Smucker's® Concord Grape Jelly
- MIX peanut butter, brown sugar, butter, honey and egg in large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder; add to the peanut butter mixture and mix well. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap or waxed paper and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- REMOVE portions from refrigerator and place each portion between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Roll each portion into a “sheet” about 1/8-inch thick (refrigerate dough again if it becomes too soft to handle.)
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Using a drinking glass or cookie cutter, cut the dough into circles. Using a smaller drinking glass or cookie cutter, cut smaller circles or “windows” in the center of half of the circles. Transfer cookies to a nonstick baking sheet, leaving 1/2 inch between them.
- BAKE all cookies 5 to 6 minutes or just until they begin to brown. Using a spatula, transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. When cookies have cooled, spread the jelly on the plain cookies and top with the “window” cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/48), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 25), Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 10g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.