Mincemeat Bran Muffins
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 24 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray (optional)
- 3 cups bran flakes or other bran cereal
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 (9 oz.) package None Such® Classic Original Condensed Mincemeat, finely crumbled
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Spray 24 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray or line with paper liners. Combine bran cereal, buttermilk and water in large bowl, mixing well. Stir in sugar, mincemeat, butter and eggs.
- COMBINE flour and baking soda in small bowl. Add to mincemeat mixture in small amounts just until blended and moistened. Let stand 20 minutes to soften cereal. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately turn out of pans. Serve warm.
- TIP Batter can be stored tightly covered in refrigerator for several days. Yield and texture of muffins may vary depending upon type of bran cereal used.
MINCEMEAT BRAN LOAVES
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare batter as above. Divide into prepared pans. Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 muffin of 24), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 290mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 20g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.