Linda Hickam, Healdsburg, CA, Bake-Off® Contest 43, 2008 Finalist
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 36 bars
- 1 cup Fisher® Chef's Naturals® Slivered Blanched Almonds
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, cut up
- 1 cup Smucker's® Apricot Preserves
- 1/3 cup Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- 3/4 cup unsweetened or sweetened shredded coconut
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In food processor bowl with metal blade, place almonds. Cover; process with on-and-off pulses until finely chopped. Add flour, sugar and butter to almonds. Cover; process with on-and-off pulses until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. (Or, finely chop almonds. In large bowl, mix chopped almonds, flour and sugar; cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture looks like coarse crumbs.)
- In bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan, evenly press half of crumb mixture (about 2 1/2 cups).
- In medium bowl, mix preserves, caramel topping and coconut. Spread over crumb mixture to within 1/2 inch of edges. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture evenly over apricot mixture to edges of pan.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool completely, about 2 hours. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2008
Fisher and Chef’s Naturals are registered trademarks of John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc., Elgin, IL 60123-7820
Domino is the registered trademark of American Sugar Refining, Inc. Yonkers, NY 10750
C&H is a registered trademark of C&H Sugar Company, Crockett, CA
®Land O’ Lakes is a registered trademark of Land O’ Lakes, Inc.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of loaf), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 320mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.