Fudgy Chocolate-Peanut Butter Thumbprints
Sheilah Fiola, Kent, WA, Bake-Off® Contest 43, 2008 Finalist
- Prep Time: 60 min
- Cook Time: 9 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: About 3 dozen cookies
- 1 (19.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 3/4 cup Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 3 Eggland's Best eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Chocolate Fudge Flavored Frosting
- 1/3 cup Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup LAND O LAKES® Unsalted or Salted Butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Fisher® Dry Roasted Peanuts, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray large cookie sheets with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray, or line with cooking parchment paper.
- In large bowl, beat brownie mix, 1/2 cup peanut butter, the eggs and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed 20 seconds. Beat on high speed 30 to 40 seconds or until completely mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop 36 heaping tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets. Press thumb into center of each cookie to make indentation, but do not press all the way to the cookie sheet (if dough sticks to thumb, spray thumb with cooking spray). Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- In small bowl, beat frosting, 1/3 cup peanut butter and the butter with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Fill each thumbprint indentation with 2 teaspoons frosting mixture, spreading slightly; sprinkle with peanuts. Let stand until frosting mixture is set. Store loosely covered in single layer.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2008
Eggland's Best is a registered trademark of Eggland's Best, Inc.
®Land O’ Lakes is a registered trademark of Land O’ Lakes, Inc.
Fisher and Chef’s Naturals are registered trademarks of John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc., Elgin, IL 60123-7820
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.