Peanuttiest Peanut Butter Brownie Bars
Sheilah Fiola, Kent, WA, Bake-Off® Contest 43, 2008 Finalist
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Ready Time: 235 min
- Yield: 24 bars
- 1 box (13.3 oz) Pillsbury® Peanut Butter Swirl Jif® Brownie Mix
- 2 cups crushed chocolate or regular graham crackers (28 squares)
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1/3 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Fisher® Spanish Peanuts, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Lightly spray 13x9-inch pan with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- In large bowl, stir dry brownie mix and graham cracker crumbs until well mixed; set aside.
- Into medium microwavable bowl, squeeze peanut butter from peanut butter packet (from brownie mix). Add butter. Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring once, until butter is melted. Stir until smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over brownie mixture; stir until well mixed. Press evenly in pan.
- In same medium microwavable bowl, mix milk, 1/3 cup peanut butter and 1/2 cup of the peanut butter chips. Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute, stirring once, until mixture is melted. Stir until smooth.
- Gently pour milk mixture evenly over brownie layer in pan; spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup peanut butter chips, the chocolate chips and peanuts over milk mixture; press in lightly.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is just set when lightly touched (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 3 hours. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft)
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2008
®Land O’ Lakes is a registered trademark of Land O’ Lakes, Inc.
Fisher and Chef’s Naturals are registered trademarks of John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc., Elgin, IL 60123-7820
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/24), Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 27g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 8%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.