Jeweled Coconut Thumbprints
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 3 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup Smucker's® Apricot Preserves, or any variety Smucker's® Preserves
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Stir flour and salt in a small bowl until blended. Beat butter and sugar in medium bowl with a electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg yolk and vanilla. Beat until blended. Gradually add flour mixture on low speed until blended. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- BEAT egg white in a shallow bowl with fork until foamy. Place coconut in a separate shallow bowl. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Dip each into egg white and then roll in coconut. Place on prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart. Using the back of a teaspoon or your thumb, make a rounded indentation in the center of each cookie.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until cookie is set and coconut is light golden brown. Reshape indentations if necessary. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon preserves into each indentation. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.