- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 (17.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Funfetti® Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 24 wooden craft sticks
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- Food coloring (optional)
- 1 (16 oz.) container Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- OR 1 (12 oz.) container Pillsbury® Whipped Supreme® Funfetti® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- Red string licorice
- Decorating sprinkles or candy bits
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE cookie mix, butter and egg in medium bowl. Mix with spoon until evenly moistened. Using a heaping tablespoon, shape into 24 balls about 1 1/2-inch in diameter. Insert wooden stick into center of each ball. Place 3-inches apart on baking sheet. Flatten to 2-inch circles using the bottom of glass sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.
- BAKE 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 3 minutes on baking sheet. Cool completely on cooling rack before holding with stick.
- ADD desired color to frosting. Frost and decorate cooled cookies as desired using string licorice, decorating sprinkles or candy bits.
- TIP To make smiley face, cut one piece of string licorice in a 2-inch length for mouth and 4 pieces in 1/2-inch length for corners of smile and for eyes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/24), Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 24g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.