Dark Chocolate Cake with Mocha Frosting
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 33 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 servings
DARK CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Dunkin' Donuts® Dunkin' Dark® Coffee, brewed strong*, cooled to room temperature
- 1 (2 lb.) package powdered sugar (about 7 1/2 cups), sifted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup Dunkin' Donuts® Dunkin' Dark® Coffee, brewed strong*, cooled to room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Chocolate decorator sprinkles
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat two 9-inch round cake pans with no-stick cooking spray. Line pans with parchment paper. Coat with no-stick cooking spray.
- For Dark Chocolate Cake: COMBINE flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large mixing bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Beat 2 minutes with electric mixer. Stir in cooled coffee. Pour into prepared baking pans.
- BAKE 29 to 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Remove from pans and place on cooling rack to cool completely.
- For Mocha Frosting: COMBINE powdered sugar, cocoa and salt in a large bowl. Beat in butter with electric mixer on low speed. Gradually add coffee, vanilla and enough milk to make a smooth and spreadable frosting. Spread frosting between layers, on top and sides of cake. Garnish with chocolate decorator sprinkles.
- TIP To Make Strong Brewed Coffee: Measure 4 heaping tablespoons Dunkin' Donuts® Dunkin' Dark Roast ground coffee and 12 ounces cold water into a drip coffeemaker.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 550 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 450mg, Total Carbohydrate 94g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 72g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.