Buttery Marmalade Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: about 2 1/2 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Sweet Orange Marmalade, or Strawberry Preserves, or Seedless Red Raspberry Jam
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Spray baking sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray. BEAT shortening, sugar and milk in medium bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg and vanilla until blended.
- COMBINE flour, salt and baking powder. Mix into shortening mixture at low speed until just blended. Drop by level measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Flatten slightly with bottom of glass dipped in sugar. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute on baking sheet. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.
- PLACE orange marmalade in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High 10 seconds. Spread 1/2 teaspoon marmalade on each cookie. Sprinkle with coconut and chopped pecans.
- TIP To toast coconut and pecans: Combine coconut and pecans in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat stirring frequently until golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 30mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 9g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.