Coconut Dulce de Leche Churros
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 3 dozen
COCONUT DULCE DE LECHE SAUCE
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- OR 1 (14 oz.) can Magnolia® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into slices
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For Coconut Dulce de Leche Sauce: HEAT sweetened condensed milk in 2-quart saucepan on medium heat, stirring occasionally, just until it comes to a boil. Cook, whisking constantly, 10 to 12 minutes or until it thickens, turning a light golden color. Reduce heat to low, if needed, to prevent scorching. Remove from heat. Whisk in coconut milk until smooth.
- For Churros: HEAT water and butter in 3-quart saucepan until water boils. Stir in flour and salt. Beat until dough forms a ball. Add eggs. Beat vigorously with a spoon until smooth. (Mixture will resemble stiff mashed potatoes.)
- POUR oil into large, deep skillet. Heat to 350°F. over medium heat. Spoon dough into large (16-inch) decorating bag* fitted with large (1M) star-shaped tip*. Squeeze a strip of dough about 4 to 5-inches in length into hot oil, using a knife to make a clean cut from tip. Fry 4 or 5 at a time for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes, turning occasionally until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- COMBINE sugar and cinnamon. Roll warm churros in sugar cinnamon mixture. Serve with warm Coconut Dulce de Leche Sauce.
- TIP *Available at craft stores that have cake decorating supplies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/36 of recipe), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 45mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 10g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.