Chocolate Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 24 cupcakes
CHOCOLATE BANANA CUPCAKES
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 large bananas)
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups Hungry Jack® Original Pancake & Waffle Mix (Add Milk, Oil & Eggs)
- OR 2 cups Hungry Jack® Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix (Add Milk, Oil & Eggs)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting, (about 1/2 can)
- 1/3 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Place 24 paper baking cups in muffin pans.
- BEAT eggs, bananas, oil, water and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer until blended. Add pancake mix, cocoa, sugar and salt. Beat until smooth. Fill baking cups one-half full.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan. Place on rack to cool completely.
- BEAT frosting, peanut butter and milk in medium bowl with electric mixer until blended. Spread on cooled cupcakes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/24 1 cupcake), Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 17g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.