Funfetti® Chocolate-Dipped Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 4 dozen
- 1 (17.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Funfetti® Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened*
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (6 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- Decorator sprinkles or chopped nuts
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE cookie mix, butter and egg in medium bowl. Stir until soft dough forms. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart on cookie sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- PLACE chocolate chips and shortening in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute. Stir. Heat additional 10 to 15 seconds until completely melted and smooth. Dip each cookie halfway into melted chocolate. Place on wire rack. Decorate immediately with sprinkles or chopped nuts.
- TIP *To soften butter: Heat unwrapped butter in microwave for 10 to 15 seconds.
- FUNFETTI ORANGE COOKIES - Add 1 tablespoon grated orange peel before mixing dough. Dip cooled cookies into melted chocolate or drizzle with chocolate. For drizzle, use 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1 1/2 teaspoons shortening. Pour into small heavy duty resealable plastic bag. Cut small corner off bag. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
- FUNFETTI COCONUT CHERRY COOKIES - Add 1 teaspoon almond extract and 1 tablespoon water before mixing dough. Stir in 1 cup coconut and 1/2 cup chopped drained red and green maraschino cherries. Top with piece of cherry before baking. Drizzle or dip in chocolate, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 80mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 8g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.