Yolanda Sue Bowser, Solon, OH, Bake-Off® Contest 44, 2010 Finalist
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Ready Time: 170 min
- Yield: 20 brownies
- 1 box Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 EGGLAND’S BEST eggs
- 1 jar (10 oz) maraschino cherries, well drained, cut in half
- 1 box (4-serving size) pistachio instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts, chopped, toasted*
- 1/2 cup LAND O LAKES® Unsalted or Salted Butter
- 1 bag (12 oz) Hershey’s® semi-sweet chocolate baking chips (2 cups)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- In large bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, water and eggs 50 strokes with spoon. Stir in cherries. Spread batter in pan. Bake 28 to 31 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat pudding mix and milk with wire whisk until well blended. Fold in whipped topping and nuts. Spread over brownie. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave butter and chocolate chips uncovered on High about 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Cool 5 minutes; carefully spread over pudding mixture. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. For brownies, cut into 5 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
- TIP *To toast nuts, spread in ungreased shallow pan; bake uncovered at 350°F 6 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light brown. Remove from pan to plate to cool.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2010
Eggland's Best is a registered trademark of Eggland's Best, Inc.
®Land O’ Lakes is a registered trademark of Land O’ Lakes, Inc.
Hershey’s® is a registered trademark of The Hershey Company, Hershey, PA, 17033
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 brownie of 20), Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 170mg, Total Carbohydrate 48g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 37g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.