Raspberry-Chipotle Brownies with Chocolate Ganache
Nancy Roth, Saint Joseph, IL, Bake-Off® Contest 44, 2010 Finalist
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 135 min
- Yield: 18 brownies
- 1 (19.5 oz) package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 EGGLAND’S BEST eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Red Raspberry Preserves
- 1 bag (12 oz) Hershey’s® semi-sweet chocolate baking chips (2 cups)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- In large bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, water, eggs, chili powder and espresso powder 50 strokes with spoon. Spread batter in pan. Drop spoonfuls of preserves onto batter; swirl preserves and batter with knife in S-shaped curves.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and cream uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Pour mixture over brownies. Refrigerate 30 minutes (topping will be soft). For brownies, cut into 6 rows by 3 rows. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2010
Eggland's Best is a registered trademark of Eggland's Best, Inc.
Hershey’s® is a registered trademark of The Hershey Company, Hershey, PA, 17033
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 brownie of 18), Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 105mg, Total Carbohydrate 44g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 33g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.