Dutch Apple Breakfast Bake
Linda Bibbo, Chagrin Falls, OH, Bake-Off® Contest 44, 2010 Finalist
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 85 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1/2 cup LAND O LAKES® Unsalted or Salted Butter, melted
- 2 cans (13.9 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated orange flavor sweet rolls with icing (8 rolls each)
- 1 can (21 oz) apple pie filling with more fruit
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 EGGLAND’S BEST egg
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Fisher® Chef’s Naturals® Natural Sliced Almonds
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1 1/2 cups frozen (thawed) whipped topping, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Pour 1/4 cup of the melted butter into ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Separate dough into 16 rolls; set icing aside. Cut each roll into 6 pieces; arrange pieces on butter in baking dish.
- Pour pie filling into medium bowl. Cut apples into small pieces with clean kitchen scissors or knife; spoon filling over roll pieces.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the sugar, 1 teaspoon of the orange peel and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg and sour cream until well blended. Spoon over apple layer; spread to cover.
- In small bowl, mix remaining 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup sugar, cheese and flour until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Stir in almonds. Sprinkle mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until set and topping is golden brown. Cool on cooling rack 20 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, mix contents of 2 icing containers, remaining 1 teaspoon orange peel and marmalade. Microwave uncovered on High 40 seconds; stir.
- For 12 servings, cut apple bake into 4 rows by 3 rows. Serve with sauce on the side. Garnish each serving with 2 tablespoons whipped topping.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2010
®Land O’ Lakes is a registered trademark of Land O’ Lakes, Inc.
Eggland's Best is a registered trademark of Eggland's Best, Inc.
Fisher and Chef’s Naturals are registered trademarks of John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc., Elgin, IL 60123-7820
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of recipe), Calories 600 (Calories from Fat 260), Total Fat 29g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 2.5g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 580mg, Total Carbohydrate 77g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 46g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.