Chocolate Maple Cake with Chocolate Maple Mousse
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 105 min
- Yield: 12 servings
CHOCOLATE MAPLE CAKE
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 1/4 cup strong brewed Folgers Classic Roast® Coffee, cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
CHOCOLATE MAPLE MOUSSE
- 1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- OR 1 (8 oz.) milk chocolate candy bar, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Fresh fruit (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 8-inch square baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- For cake, MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 1 minute or until melted and smooth when stirred. Cool 5 minutes. Combine sugar, syrup, coffee, buttermilk, egg, vanilla and chocolate mixture in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Gradually add flour mixture into chocolate mixture until blended. Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- For mousse, MICROWAVE chocolate chips in large microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 1 minute or until melted and smooth when stirred. Stir in syrup and about 1/2 cup cream until blended. Cool 5 minutes. Add remaining 1 1/2 cups cold cream. Beat mousse mixture with electric mixer on medium-high speed until stiff. Spread over cooled cake. Top with fresh fruit if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 250), Total Fat 27g (Saturated Fat 17g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 260mg, Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 24g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.