Crockery Beef Stew
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 420 min
- Ready Time: 480 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 3 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup Crosse & Blackwell® Seafood Cocktail Sauce
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup apple cider
- 6 unpeeled medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups rutabaga, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup peas, thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- COOK bacon, beef and onion in large skillet over medium-high heat until beef is browned and bacon is cooked. Place beef mixture in slow cooker with cocktail sauce, beef stock, apple cider, potatoes, carrots, rutabaga, salt, pepper and rosemary. Cover and cook 7 to 9 hours on LOW.
- COMBINE flour with water to form a smooth paste. Stir into beef mixture along with peas. Turn heat to HIGH and continue cooking an additional 15 minutes. Serve hot garnished with parsley.
- TIP Add beef broth to leftovers to make a hearty and delicious soup.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.