Festive Holiday Sugar Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 6 dozen
- 1 (17.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup red candied cherries, cut in half
- 1/2 cup green candied cherries, cut in half
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- COMBINE cookie mix, butter and egg in large bowl until soft dough forms. Stir in red cherries, green cherries, coconut, almonds, coarsely chopped pecans and almond extract.
- DIVIDE dough in half. Form each half into a 10 x 2-inch diameter log. Roll in finely chopped pecans. Wrap with plastic wrap. Freeze 1 hour or chill overnight.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Cut logs into 1/4-inch slices. Place on cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie of 72), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 4g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.