- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 125 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Double Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 9 cups peeled, sliced apples (about 3 pounds or 9 medium)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie, adding lemon peel to flour mixture. Roll out dough for bottom crust and place in 9-inch pie plate according to recipe directions. Heat oven to 425ºF.
- PLACE apples in large bowl. Combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in small bowl. Toss with apples to coat. Spoon into unbaked pie crust. Dot with butter. Moisten pastry edge with water.
- ROLL out dough for top crust, place onto filled pie and finish edges according to pie crust recipe directions. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to vent steam.
- BAKE 40 minutes or until apples are tender and filling in center is bubbly. Cover edge with foil, if necessary, to prevent overbrowning. Cool to room temperature before serving.
- TIP *Delicious, Greening or Wellington apples, or a combination, are excellent in this pie.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 330mg, Total Carbohydrate 66g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 36g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.